We are happy to announce our new research and making project - Fieldworks 2018 Tribute Series.
As part of the fall programming at the Growlery, in San Francisco, we are launching a new project that will pay tribute to everyday visionaries and activists working on critical environmental and food justice fronts. We are interested in shining a light on inspiring activities of visionary activists in our Bay Area communities and beyond.
We invite you to contribute the name(s) of people or groups in our local communities who are working and leading important initiatives in the following areas:
- environmental/neighborhood stewardship
- environmental justice
- food justice
Our plan is to honor Bay Area visionaries and activists through a Tribute Series that includes the following activities
- Creating up to 12 new infused spirits, bitters and other edibles that pay tribute to Bay Area visionaries an activists. Ingredients we use will come from fruits, herbs and other edibles harvested in the greater Bay Area.
- At the Growlery this fall we will be convening informal gatherings and spirit making workshops, conversations and exploratory walks/site visits connected to the work of honorees. Stay tuned for workshops, walks, chit-chats and tastings as part of this project at the Growlery this fall. We will be posting dates, times and details here as this project unfolds.
- As a culminating event - we will host a tasting and Chit-Chat celebration in December at the Growlery with a facilitated dialogue that addresses key topics related to the work of honorees.
- All information and research from this project will be part of a new public database we are developing to support and share public knowledge coming in 2019.
We are starting our research by tapping into the collective knowledge of friends and community. We hope you will help us by participating in our short survey below to compile a list of possibilities.
For more information please contact Ann and Trena here.